Sunday 18 May 2008

Fine-Tuning Your Forex Killer Signal Entry and Exit (2)

Earlier, I have suggested a possible way to get better entry points for the chosen forex killer signals. I have been practising it for a few weeks now and it's time to find out how good is the method.
I have performed an analysis of my last week trades to look at their end results.

Here are a few noteworthy observations:

1) Our system generated 13 signals. Based on the new entry criterion, 11 of them (85%) scored at least 10 pips or more; 10 of them (77%) scored at least 20 pips or more; and 8 of them (62%) scored at least 30 pips or more.

2) Only 2 out of 13 (15%) scored less than 10 pips and at the end resulted in a loss of no more than 40 pips based on the use of dynamic stop.

3) 5 of 13 (38%) went on to score more than 50 pips and 2 of them (15%) hit 100-pip target.

So what are the best exit levels for these positions and for this fine-tuning strategy? The above analysis can help put things into perspective.

Based on these results alone, I will suggest booking 20 -30 pips immediately for this type of improved condition entries, simply due to their high success rate.

You can even book half the profit and leave the remaining half open instead, knowing that there is a 50% chance it will hit 50 pips and a long shot of 20% it will hit the high target of 100 pips.

Please take note that the calculated odds may improve depending on the market conditions. For example, there were some really strong results in the early part of May.

Last but not least, always remember to set your stop to limit your risk at all time.

2 comments:

Stan said...

I took a 100 pips on a EUR/USD trade posted yesterday by Lloyd. I notice that if I am right on a trade I am in the black almost immediately-in this case as soon as I was ahead by 30 pips I moved the stop to breakeven and let the price move to my target.Again the 10 and 20 sma are monitored for any changes in momentum either for or against the trade using the 5, 15, and 30min time frames.

Lloyd said...

Well done, Stan. Hope my system continues to be of good help to your trading.

Lloyd

5 Latest Articles Which You Might Have Missed Out ...